.:: Kumba Day and Night | the official Kumba1blog!

ANOTHER FIRE INCIDENT IN NTOKO STREET-HAUSA QUARTERS KUMBA


Warning: Illegal string offset 'status_txt' in /home/kblog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/share-and-follow/share-and-follow.php on line 1093

Warning: Illegal string offset 'status_txt' in /home/kblog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/share-and-follow/share-and-follow.php on line 1132

Warning: Illegal string offset 'status_txt' in /home/kblog/public_html/wp-content/plugins/share-and-follow/share-and-follow.php on line 1122

Another mysterious fire has ravaged a house in Ntoko Street, Hausa Quarter Kumba. According to eye-witness account, the fire began Thursday Jan 27th at about 5pm. The lone supplier of electricity in the Country A.E.S Sonel had interrupted power supply since 1.pm that afternoon.The fire is believed to have occurred a few seconds after  A.E.S  Sonel restored power supply at about 4.30pm.  A commercial bike rider reported he saw smoke oozing  from one of the rooms in the compound.  To him, the smoke did not seem normal so he had to raise an alarm.

Woman in middle still recovering from the shock.

This distress call  alerted neighbours who came out in their numbers to put their heads together in order to redress the situation. Before this could be done, it was a little too late as the fire had spread to almost all  rooms in the building. Reports confirm 2 persons were at home  during this period. One of them, an old woman who could barely move properly. Neighbours helped her save her box of clothes and a few other things.

Since most tenants were not at home when they fire broke out, their possesions were annihilated.  Many returned from their business premises only to find almost everything they had worked for in a very sorry state.Though no one was injured , a rough estimate reveals the fire had consumed goods worth 5 million CFA Francs. The mysterious aspect of this fire is that the neighbouring houses built with wood were not affected, yet not up to a metre of space  separates them.

Smoke still oozing from rooms, 11hrs after the incident.

This is neither the first nor the second time a fire incident has occured in Ntoko Street. Other inhabitants who owned buildings in this street are becoming scared and cautious. Ntoko street Hausa Quarters is gradually becoming one of the most unsafe streets in the city of Kumba to live in.  No one  wants a rental in this street for fear of “who is next”.

Fire consumes everything in tenants room.

By, Guilio Ngoran

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
Posted in NEWS | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply